Wednesday 14 March 2012

WOYWW #145

It's time to visit the lovely Julia at  http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/  to check out what all the bloggy crafters around the world have been up to this week...or more importantly...to get a good snoop at what's on their desks!!!

My desk is a mess:(. The angle of the picture makes it look much better than it is in real life...

That is a huge pile of stuff to be sorted, coupons waiting to be cut and papers waiting to be filed. Ugggh!! What a mess! I hope to deal with this tomorrow as I've decided that the couponing is taking up too much space in my scrapbook room! So the big stack of flyers, the coupon sheets, the binder, the binder tote bag, the whole shebang is going upstairs to the office. Along with all of that, I am also sending up the files from the filing cabinet in my room. From now on, that filing cabinet will be referred to as the "scraps cabinet" and "project cabinet".


Still working on my projects from previous posts. Now you might remember, I have warned you all that I am a  S L O W  worker.   In actuality, I like to have several choices of things ready to work on. I like to be able to choose between inky projects, sewing projects,  hot glue projects etc. I like to have some choices all ready to just grab and go ( take with me to a friends to work on, or to a crop).

On my desk you can still see the tropical bird cards at the back right still laid out...I have managed to find a bit of green swirled bling to go with them but am currently looking through my ribbon to find something that works. My original plan was bakers twine but all the shades are a little off. I was thinking the flowered ribbon beside the messy stack might work...but ooops, wrong shades again!

I am using this futile ribbon searching exercise to try to convince myself that if I had spray mists, I could just keep a stock of  white or ivory ribbon and then spray mist it to match any project. Yep, think I just have to get some...teehee

The stamped tags are for my grandaughter to colour. She is 5 1/2, in kindergarten and wants to make some cards and put them on a blog. She is very intrigued with my blog and fancies herself able to try to do the same. Today she coloured 4 Thelwell horse images. She did really well on the horse parts but struggled a bit with the lead rope which was very fine. I will have to fancy cut them for her to pop dot onto a card. Luckily I stockpile  50 packs of heavy DCWV prefolded cards and envelopes, as well as a baggie of precut Spellbinder ovals and circles, so she could create a card on her own quite easily.
Hopefully she might enjoy inking the edges of the tags and colouring the butterflies. I might show her how to chalk these ones with a nib dipped into water.

I try to visit 75 or 80 % of the posts. I may not get around that far this week as my thyroid numbers are really high and I can't get in to see my doctor again till Friday afternoon. It is just leaving me feeling bone weary  tired and is a contributing factor to just  how slow I am lately at getting things done. I will visit anyone who leaves me a comment of course and then try to get round to another 50 or so. Sorry to be a party pooper!!!

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your desk is so not a mess LOL... I like what I see though :) keep Up the great work.

Micia

Tracy said...

I love your creative desk, so much goodies :)

Lisa said...

Love the tags. Your desk is so not messy. But im sure it wont look like that when im there.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...love all the Tags and the simple sentiment packs a punch...a very neat desk and love your storage boxes along the wall...Mel :)

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Your desk actually looks pretty good! Perhaps a good thing we dont have 360 degree cameras.

Redanne said...

Your desk looks very organised and very creative. Isn't it lovely when the Grandchildren are old enough to have fun too? Regards, Anne ~27

Anonymous said...

Looks neat to me :) I do similar with DD and her Christmas cards for her school mates - I have a load of premade things for her to finish off then sign. She loves it too.

Happy WOYWW!

Mary Anne

Ann B said...

Your Granddaughter isn't the only one who would enjoy colouring those tags - count me in as well. Beautiful butterfly stamp.

Ann B
#2

Sarn said...

It all looks highly organised to me!

Thanks for dropping by.
Happy WOYWW

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kate said...

Your crafting method sounds very organised and the little tags for your granddaughter look great.

** Kate **

Neil said...

Great looking and creative space this week, thanks for sharing. Hope you are feeling less tired soon!
Neil #8

Elizabeth said...

I wouldn't say your desk is a mess - it looks fine to me with plenty for me to peer at - the tags look terrific. I was going to suggest that you can take an ink pad to a ribbon to change the colour to match your project but then I read that you were way ahead of me and planning to stock up on white ribbon and spray mists - good plan, but I don't think it would stop me from acquiring more of the beautiful ribbons that are available ... I'm addicted and there is no help for me! :)) Have a happy Wednesday. Elizabeth #11

May said...

Love those tags, your desk is fabulous,Have a great week, Hugs May x x x

Angie said...

Isn't it amazing how we can have so many colors of everything, ribbon, cardstock, glitter, paint but at some point in time we will reach for one color and NOT have it! Oh that drives me insane and it's always the one that we really need to finish a project! I gave up couponing a long time ago, too much paper being wasted lol! Hope you feel perky again soon!

Peggy Cain said...

Have a fun WOYWW.

Deb said...

fabulous tags and stamping, think it is lovely that you encourage your grandaughter to be creative with you!
Happy WOYWW, Debxx #112

Mary Jo said...

Love that you created the tags for your granddaughter to color! :)

Danielle said...

Love that you have a baggie of things ready for your granddaughter. I do the same thing for my goddaughter.

Sue Althouse said...

Thanks for the peek! I'm like you: not a fast worker, and I like to have several things going at once.

Gwen said...

You have been busy. If I did not get round to you last week, I apologise...I am not doing woyww this week due to commitments..anyway I hope you have fun.
xx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

What Great ideas for Tags... Know your Grandaughter will LOVE them!!!
Enjoyed my visit as always!!And thanks for stopping by my place and leaving such kind words too!

Pia S said...

What do you call a messy desk? This is how my desk looks like when I have a it tidy... I am really messy when I create. The same goes for cooking :O)

CraftygasheadZo said...

Love all the tags with the horses especially. Take care, enjoy snooping around the wonderful desks & enjoy this WOYWW. Zo xx 33

ScrappnBee said...

Your desk is super tidy compared to mine! Love the tags...and that you have the rest of the stuff on hand to create cards on the fly. My daughter is 7, so I can relate to the 5 1/2 yr old craft goddess. Good for her for starting early (and you for encouraging!) Have a fabulous WOYWW! -Amanda #39

Whimcees said...

Hello!

You are a busy woman - so many interesting things going on! I envy your time with your grand daughter - it sounds like you have so much fun together sharing the crafts! Wishing you a happy day today - with lots of sunshine!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Unknown said...

looks like there are a lot of flowers in those little boxes, shamefully mine are all in a huge hat box lol

thanks for the snoop
hugs
Judie xx

Twiglet said...

Its great to get little ones crafting - gives them skills for life! Hope you soon feel on top form. x Jo

Beachstudio said...

What a wonderful idea for your granddaughter ! She is one lucky little girl. Your desk is wonderfully creative!

Anonymous said...

You have a really interesting way of working, if I did that I'd have loads of unfinished projects everywhere! Good on your little GD, crafting is a great thing for her to do. Hope you get some energy back soon, and don't worry, WOYWW is very forgiving, just do what you can and don't stress about it.

Hugs
Brenda 12

lisa said...

Your desk doesn't look messy to me at all, not compared to mine anyway!!
Love the look of all your tags. Sounds great that you are crafting together with your Grand daughter. I make my own bakers twine with crochet cotton and pro markers then you can colour coordinate all the time, it works a treat.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #80

kay said...

loving your storage boxes at the back of your desk,hope you feel better soon,x

Kathryn said...

Oh My! If you consider your desk messy then maybe you should skip my post today, you'll faint! HA!!
Love your tags for your grand-dear! Great idea. I want a granddaughter! *sigh* not in my immediate future though.
Have a great day and hope you feel better soon!
Hugs!
kat

Alexandra MacVean said...

Wow, you have a terrific work desk, too! I feel bad for not showing my entire space this week. Brand new to this. :)

Your tags are wonderful. Love the little inspirational sayings.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great visit to your place! I'm impressed that you can work on more than one project at a time; my brain is sooo not wired that way! Hope you get your numbers sorted out and feel better soon.

Tracy said...

It's nice to have more than one project going! Your desk still looks rather neat to me. :) I hope today finds you feeling less weary! I'm getting around to the blogs a day late. It's hard to get to everyone as there are so many! Warmly, Tracy #81

Rebecca said...

Hi thank you for visiting my blog and following me. I am following you as well!I would love to see your grand daughters cards i bet they are really good.Love from Rebecca xx

SandeeNC said...

awwww, your not a party pooper, i wish you felt better and had more energy! And ya know, no matter how much of anything we have in our stash, it's never the right color, the right shape or the right size! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Lisa-Jane said...

What a lovely idea to keep the images and diecut shapes ready for a little person to join in.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

That is so cute about your granddaughter and the blog. Can't wait to see what she does with them!

Erika said...

Love your tags can't wait to see them finished. I missed WOYWW this week too many things needed finishing and time got the better of me.
Hugs Erika.

Julia Aston said...

What fun projects you have on your desk! and how nice your granddaughter wants to join in!

Unknown said...

Hi there, your desk does not look messy to me! You should see the huge mess that I create in!!! I'm forever losing something or other.

Your granddaughter sounds like my daughter - she loves to colour and make cards with me. I've got a pile of card blanks and she has little box of her own stamps and colours and creates her own cards.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and (looking at the post above) hope your new medication helps you feel better soon.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah

Julia Dunnit said...

I hope the thyroid numbers are falling by now, and the Dr was able to help. NEVER worry about visiting all desks, it takes me AGES as you can see! And there's no need, everyone understands. I love the idea that you have grab and go stuff at the ready..I may be trying this approach, it might take the pain out of crop preparation!

Catie Cuddles said...

Your granddaughter sounds just like my daughter... I have to keep her mitts off my expensive craft stash but she does love making her own cards, so unfortunately sometimes my craft sessions get rather interrupted! Fortunately she's not upto blogging just yet but I imagine that will come in time too!
Thanks for sharing
Catherine 163