Monday 30 April 2012

Finally getting a bit of time to get back to crafting and card making! It is after midnight, my husband is sound asleep and so I thought I would grab a few minutes to get a post up.

Remember all those flower posts from a while back? I finally have some finished projects to share. I made a few different hair pretties by layering differing sizes and types of flowers and then gluing them onto a hair clip. They are trimmed at the back by a circle of felt and a generous swatch of maribou. The little clip slides into a wee pony tail and is perfect for fine hair!

Boy oh boy, is that maribou messy to work with...it was floating everywhere! I felt like sneezing I tell you!!!

I did a few different colours to go with some of Miss C's outfits. Let me know which colours you like the best....
These first two really show up the black maribou against the white background. You will see that on some of them I have added a few pieces of netting as well.


This smaller one has a soft pink maribou trim but it is a wee bit hard to see. I can't redo the picture as my 
camera batteries just died! Sorry about that!

.   


This last one has really wide, white maribou shot through with silver threads...You will have to take my word for it, as it is just blending completely into the background here!!!

Update:  OK...the battery is finally charged...here is the white maribou on a pink background so you can enjoy all the fluffy goodness of it!


Finally, I did manage to make a couple of cards. They are cheater cards really, as all the elements on the card are store bought! I figure I can get a way with it as DH is still recovering and it has been a rough few weeks.

Update: I forgot to include the inside of the card...here it is...simple but effective I hope.

I need to make a couple more as my sister has had a really bad fall off her horse (while schooling) and has such a bad concussion she can't remember about an 8 hour stretch. She is asking things over and over yet doesn't recall that she asked it already. I am so worried about her!!! Wish I lived closer...I am working on a card for my Mom to give her and one from me. I won't post them here till she receives them as she follows my blog. The horse was injured as well and the saddle and helmut are ruined!

16 comments:

Redanne said...

Oh dear you are having a rough time of it, glad that DH is on the mend. Sorry to hear about your other troubles too, it is not an easy time for you but at least you can go 'off into the world of craft' occasionally. Nice to have you back though and love the flowers, they are gorgeous. Anne x

Mary Jo said...

Your projects are so pretty!

Sorry you have been having a rough time!
And I am so sorry about your sister's fall. I know what you mean about living. I have a sister-in-law who is pregnant, but out of town. And I wish we were closer so I could help out more!
Distance is tough!

Pia S said...

I think the first and the last flowers are my favorites, but that's simply because I love purple and black. They all look absolutely fantastic!

Sassy Raggedy said...

I have been wondering where you were. Your pins are beautiful and I love the card. I do hope you will get more time to craft. Hope hubby is getting better and better. Missed you, joann sassy raggedy

Jo said...

So pleased you're back!Hope you're doing OK, you've sure got a lot going on at the moment. Your hair slides are gorgeous....right up my Rebecca's street!Glad to hear Hubby is on the mend and very best wishes to your sister!

Anonymous said...

Great to see a post from you! Its been a while! Sorry to hear about the rough go - I hope things are on the upswing now! Love all of your flowers and that beautiful card :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Hope your sister is recovering OK, that must have been a real nasty spill!. Your flowers are amazing especially the 'white maribou with the silver threads. Fabulous work!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Great to see you back! I love that first one with the maribou trim and polka dots! Fun!!

Jingle said...

These are fabulous!!! I'm sorry your offer didn't go as hoped, but trust me...these things always have a way of working out - the perfect one is probably still waiting for you!

Anita Scroggins said...

Those flowers are just darlin! Amd just so your know, I almost never hand stitch anything! I use my sewing machine!! Works very well.

Sandra said...

Goodness. You are so creative, these are wonderful x

Gretha said...

Hello, your flowers are wonderfull.
You asked on my blog what I used behind the image, it`s an aseptic gauze.
Gretha Bakker

Kathy said...

Oh my...I'm glad to hear your husband is on the mend, but saddened to hear your sister has a worrisome injury...and her horse, too...that had to be quite a fall! But I'm happy you're able to find some crafty time, and it looks like you've put it to great use!

Unknown said...

The flowers are gorgeous! I think the last is my favourite. Or maybe the first one. Oh, I just like them all!

I hope your sister is recovering well. I'm sure you are worried but I'd say a couple of your lovely cards will make her feel better!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Sheena
xxx

Tracy said...

Oh my that is scary about your sister. I hope she is on the mend soon.
I love every single one of your flowers.
As much as the maribou bothers you, it sure makes the flowers that much more pretty.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

You sure have your hands full Girl!! Hang in there, hopfully the worst is over and it's all up hill now!!
Love all the pins but that first one is my Fav!! and such a Lovely card too!!
Glad your back!