Friday 22 June 2012

A sea of flower hair accessories

Spent last Saturday creating more hair pretties. I went with my neighbour to an all day crop and just kicked back and made flowers all day. It was great, no stress in deciding what to pack.
I grabbed...
1. a tote bag of flower petals, netting and maribou supplies
2. a bin with scissors, glue gun, glue sticks etc.

My husband questioned where all my other tote bags were and was surprised I could manage at a crop with so few supplies! LOL

Maybe it is not quite a "sea" of flowers (as I am a bit of a slow worker), but I am happy with what I got done.
Some are for little Miss C and others will be Xmas prezzies for some friends children. I try to keep specific outfits in mind so they will coordinate nicely. Another friend suggested I watch for little velvet purses and add a matching flower to them as well. I might just do that!

My daughters are wanting to take a booth at a Christmas Craft Fair in the city. They each have special items they would like to market there and would like me to make my hair pretties and bags.  Time will tell if I get enough made to send with them...or if I will call it a day and get on with my paper crafts.

Without further adieu, here are some of my new favourites. These first few have hair clasp barrettes.


 This orange and purple one is for a Dora lover...it will match a Dora ensemble! teehee
These are my fave hairbands.

This last red satin, feathers and netting one is on a simple hair clip.

To better show you the sea of flowers, I have created a collage (just learned how thanks to the Biannual Blogathon Bash mini challenge). This collage is a grouping of some of the various types of flowers I have made so far!

13 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sooo pretty! Great job!

Redanne said...

Wow, I would call it a sea of flowers, it has definitely brightened up my rain dampened day! I love the blue one and the red one at the end, they are both stunning. I say carry on until you stop enjoying it and then move on....lovely to have a friend so close to craft with. A x

Claire said...

what gorgeous colour combos, and you're so organized to get started now for an xmas fair - most impressed!
and thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment :)
no. 64

scrapn_momof2 said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!! I am a big fan of the headbands. Great work!!

Mary Jo said...

Those are all so, so cute!
I try to limit myself to one or two small tote bags when I go to crops as well! :)

Danielle said...

They are so pretty! Great idea to work on them at a crop.

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...what a loVely posting, all these pretty flowers tumbling down...gorgeous makes so so pretty, you clever lady...Mel :)

Lisa said...

Love the flowers. The green and pink is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

My favs are the turquoise one and the two red ones! Really pretty.
Great job!
T

Jo said...

Oh my, these are just gorgeous!Bet you'd do real well with these at a Christmas Craft Fair! Just the sort of thing Miss Rebecca wears!Fantastic, well done!
Hugs Jo x

SueH said...

Sorry I’m so late in getting to you this week. It’s seems to take longer and longer each week, plus I’ve been busy too hence me only just visiting.

Your granddaughter is going to be the envy of all her friends with all those flowery headbands to match every outfit. They are really pretty.



Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

Create With Joy said...

Your flowers are SO beautiful! I would love for you to share these at Inspire Me Monday at

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com

Have a wonderful week and enjoyed your WOYWW peek too! :-)

Erika said...

Loving all your different flower combinations. Hugs Erika.