Sunday 28 October 2012

Here comes Santa Claus...

Hardly seems like 2 months left till Christmas.

Thank goodness for Christmas card challenges...I think I would never get any finished if it wasn't for the looming challenge deadlines. I discovered the Christmas challenges too late in the year though!

I have already chosen one of my 2013  resolutions...It is to participate in the Christmas challenges all year, starting in January.  There, I've said it!  It is one thing to think something and another to say it out loud...loud enough for all of blogland to hear! So it's out there for everyone to hear...and I am committed to carry through.

Here is another card  for Sarn's challenge...for the Penultimate Rudolph Day Challenge http://stampingforpleasure.blogspot.co.uk/


I recycled the Santa and the stripey topper from an old card. The aqua mat is one of those thinner type cards from Michaels that I was a bit disappointed in. The cards were just too thin so I sliced them in half and used them as mats instead. I think it made the perfect contrast layer for this card and made the other aqua elements on the card seem more balanced.
I chaked the edges of the white card base with a bit of red just to tie it all together.



23 comments:

May said...

Such a cute Christmas card, Love that Santa!! great papers & design... Hugs May x x x

downrightcrafty said...

love your recycling and such a warming card, don't you just love a Santa
Hugs Kate xx

Unknown said...

Very cute! I like the blue bits, really rounds out the card.

Sarah said...

Cute card.cantbelieve Christmas is so close. Still feels like we are getting over the last one lol.
S

Hazel said...

Fab Christmas card - I too think I will need to follow suit and start my Christmas cards in January!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some much appreciated comments.

Hope you enjoy what's left of the weekend and have a great week.

Take care

Ta ta for now.

Hazel xx

Mary Pat Siehl said...

just adorable!

Staci said...

Such a cute Christmas card. Someone will be lucky to receive it. Have a good one!

Pia S said...

What a cute one! I love Christmas and live Christmas all year! I bought the first gift in January, started making cards in February and almost all present were bought before the end of September! I'm Christmas crazy, I know...

Madeline said...

Adorable! And love your recycling idea!

Wishcraft said...

Such a cute card. Love that Santa and great colours too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Awww... this is the cutest Santa ever! What a charming card, love it ;)) xx

Hettie said...

Great card there Mo and great use of recycled bits and pieces!
x

Sue Althouse said...

Very cute Santa and a lovely card! I made my first Christmas card today. At this rate, I'll be way behind!

Glenda Atkins said...

Terrific little Santa and a wonderful card for Christmas. Good luck with the New Years resolution and I look forward to seeing 52 new Christmas Cards by you next year!!
hugs
Glenda

Tracy said...

Great card. My SIL also recycles her Christmas cards for the next year.
She has her Christmas cards complete for the next 3 years....crazy I tell ya.
Good idea to make your Christmas cards all through the year..not sure if I could do that...I am to much as a procrastinator, lol.

Di said...

Such a cute card Mo :) And it's great use of those cards that were too thin to use as actual cards.

Grin, I needed to check what 'reverse punching' was when you asked on my blog - nope, I didn't use it is the answer. I just chopped the 'skinny tree' image into three pieces 7.5cm square each and carefully stuck 'em onto a strip of red card. Couldn't believe it when it all came together so well :))

Good to see you crafting honey!

Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

Loving the cute Santa. Good piece of recycling . . . congrats.

Thanks for entering another card to my Rudolph Day challenge.
Good luck in the draw.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Julia Aston said...

What a great recycled card! love that cute Santa! It is a great feeling to have all your Christmas cards ready before December! Just one less thing to think about!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Awwwe...I love this cute little Christmas Card. Santa is precious. joann sassy raggedy

Lisa said...

Cute little Santa! The snowflakes are cute did you color them?

Shelby said...

This is too cute of a Christmas card! Love the little pop of teal in your design as well.

Shelby

Anonymous said...

such a cute santa and a great card made from recycling! i use some of those too thin green cards for mats or punching leaves.

Kathleen said...

Oh what a cute little Santa, fabulous card, love the red with the fancy stripe border.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment.

Kath x