Monday 29 October 2012

You guessed it! Another gardening card.

I finally got another gardening themed card finished up...I think I will try to make another one with the same background design paper. I have decided to package them together in groups of two...That way I can put the envelopes in the center and face the front of each card out (front and back).  Think I will use some Cello wrap and  a snippet of twine to wrap them together. That way you can see what you are getting.

I got a little inkier with this one...ink and kraft just have to go together!
I popped the wheelbarrow of flowers  forward again and tucked a memory box wreath die in behind. I inked up the wreath die quite dark so that it didn't blend into the background kraft. I added some bling around the wreath just to help it pop a bit.

I had fun fussy cutting the gardening fork and trowel...I thought they just tucked into that corner quite well.
The Bliss sign was part of a package of several boxes I bought at the scrapbook garage sale. I think I paid 25 cents for a packet of about 30 boxes. I cut the box apart and trimmed up the word to use as the sentiment.
Hopefully someone is going to chose these card sets at the raffle...Basically you buy an arm of tickets and then have about 30-60 seconds to chose your prize before they are calling the next winner. As I can't dig up any perennials right now, I hope these cards will be a good alternative donation to the garden club.

This will be a great one for Pixies Crafty Workshop as it has so many snippets. When I am bored (or when my mojo fails), I sit and roll my left over scraps thru my Big shot,  into die cuts. Larger ones get stored in baggies, smaller one get stored in dollar store photo albums. Each photo sleeve holds all the colours for one style of die.  It is so handy and it sort of protects the snippets. When I used to just store them all as 1/4 sheets of paper or whatever, they got sort of jumbled in the file folders and got wrinkled or dented.  I even punch the smaller pieces with my stampin up punches and throw those into the photo sleeves too.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.ca/
Snippets form my die cut baggies and Bliss is fussy cut from a wee set of boxes I bought for a quarter at the scrapbook garage sale.
2. Unstampabelles   http://unstampabelleschallenges.blogspot.ca/  -Recycle or re-purpose (I cut the Bliss title from an set of boxes I bought at a garage sale)
3. Gingerloft  http://gingerloftchallenge.blogspot.ca/   No colouring allowed
4. Use it Tuesday  http://useittuesday.blogspot.ca/    #4 Use Orange.  The patterned paper has a cast of orange across one corner, the wheelbarrow has orange flowers, there is orange in one of the banners and the large mat is orange) The die cuts are precut and hoarded in baggies and photo albums...waiting for use!
The bling is from a Michaels 3 drawer bin...one whole drawer is bling and it is bursting out when I open it!!!
5..My Sheri Crafts   http://myshericrafts.blogspot.ca/          #91 Fall Colours and 3 embellishments. The  fussy cutwheelbarrow image on the memory box wreath, the fussy cut gardening tools, and the Bliss title with the fussy cut banners are my 3 embellies.

31 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks very rustic. Great color combo

SandeeNC said...

Love it, and I thnk it will make a great addition to the auction for your gardening club! Love that wheel barrow! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Vicky said...

Ooh this is gorgeous hun...and I hope feeling OK too...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Pia S said...

You've become such an expert in gardening themed cards! I LOVE the wreath die you've used and you've dressed it up so nicely with bling too! I love Memory Box dies... I think it's so fun to see your variations of the same theme and more or less the same images and papers. Amazing how many variations there can be - I think your cards look quite different!

Wishcraft said...

Love the inky look with this one, fab card hun :o)

Re your printer question... we just had to replace ours as the last one went kaput... We got a Canon, it's inkjet - you don't need a laser printer. Make sure you get one with a rear feed (rather than just the tray underneath) as they take thicker card - mine takes 300gsm no problem. When you print, change the settings to say you're printing on glossy paper/ glossy photo paper, and it'll put less ink down so it's less likely to smudge. If it still smudges, try a light spray of cheap hairspray to 'set' the ink. If you're still having problems, replace the ink cartridges that come with the printer, with cheap compatible cartridges instead - they're less likely to smudge.

Hope all my rambling helps a bit! Hugs, Lisa x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the wheelbarrow the tools and the distressing.
Kevin xx

Merry said...

Such a lovely gardening card. Thanks for joining in our recycle challenge at Unstampabelles.

Barb King said...

That's cute, i love gardening cards.

Tracy said...

Another beautiful card. The garden club is lucky to have these gorgeous cards.

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

This is a fabby card, your attention to detail with the kraft card is wonderful and that wheelbarrow is so beautiful with it's pretty flowers. I noticed on Lisa's blog your comment about digis and printers...I use an HP "normal" printer (about a year old)- it takes card, I use card up to 220gsm in it and I use the HP inks. One thing I have noticed is Copics tend to work better than promarkers too. If the image has heavier black lines, I do leave it overnight sometimes before I colour it too - hope this helps. Hugs, Teresa xx

Jingle said...

Very pretty!

Erika said...

Hi Mo great gardening card. I wish my wheelbarrow looked as lovely full of flowers.
Happy crafting, hugs Erika.

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty gardening card!! :)

Connie Mercer said...

another beautiful card~love the theme!!!

Glenda said...

Pretty gardening card! Great job with the embellishments! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!
Glenda

Lynn said...

Great card, love kraft. The wheelbarrow of flowers is positively bursting to the rim. Hope the raffle goes well. Lynn x

Shelby said...

Love how you've done the wheelbarrow full of flowers and the papers are fantastic. Great card


Shelby

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Well, I for one can't get enough of your gardening cards! This one is just adorable!! And seriously, I hope you're doing well, I can't imagine doing all that scrapping after just having had back surgery! ...Thanks so much for that sweet comment at my blog, you sure did put a smile on my face hon! xo

Diana Seal said...

Great gardening card, especially love the little wheelbarrow, just too cute!!!
Good luck with the garden club raffle, I'm sure your cards will be a huge success!!!
Hope you doing well!
and
Happy Halloween!
Diana

Neet said...

and lovely it is too. Must get using some of my Kraft card - as you say it goes so well with ink.
Hugs, Neet xx

Di said...

Fabulous card Mo - and I'm so impressed at your snippets storage ideas! Hope your day is going well, Di xx

Sarah said...

Very pretty card! What a great deal on those boxes! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous gardening card, just love all the details the wonderful colours! Fabulous background design!
hugs
Glenda

CathyC said...

such a pretty card - thanks for joining in our recycling challenge at UnstampaBelles.

Haven_mom4 said...

Thanks for using your stash to join us at Use it Tuesday

Cathy Dineen said...

Isn't it fun to get inky?! I love your embellishments. Thanks so much for joining us at Use it Tuesday! :)

Susan Hogan said...

Love the sparkle and the recycling! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Unstampabelles this month.

Lauren T said...

Such a great design. You did a good job with the fussy cutting. Thanks for sharing at Unstampabelles.

Sarn said...

Totally gorgeous. Love all the different elements to it.

xxx

Izzy Anderson said...

I love the rustic, country feel. Terrific work!

Annie said...

Fabulous card Mo love the wheelbarrow and flowers. A gardeners treasure. TFS and thank you for lovely comments on my blog x