Wednesday 5 December 2012

It's a blue, blue, blue, blue Christmas...

Well,  a blue snippets Christmas, that's for sure.

I am getting tired of creating Christmas cards...I don't know how you ladies that colour every image, do it. I follow a few ladies who produce a breathtakingly beautiful, hand coloured image on a card, every day!
I  am now taking a bit of a break and fishing bits of old cards out of the snippets bin and rebuilding them into new ones. I had forgotten I had even torn the backs off and thrown them in there. They have been carefully redesigned into something new and different but some elements are recycled.  The blue snowflake designer paper here, along with the teal scalloped border are recycled off an old card front. I trimmed it down and added it to some silver scalloped flat card front. I have a few of those silver flat fronts in the bin and some have been previously trimmed down and the pretty edge used for borders.
Luckily there was one trimmed up strip left, with one side still intact. Not for long...slice...and it was gone! I placed it  vertically down my card and added a row of snowflake ribbon. You will so proud of my recycling skills...the teal stars that I added to the center of the snowflakes are the star shapes that fall away when you cut the Spellbinders star circle. I always save all the die cut  fall away bits...they always seem to come in handy!

Adding the wee stars to the snowflake ribbon seemed to balance the larger  teal snowflakes over on the right. If you look carefully you will notice that one snowflake is smaller than the other cuz I gave it a haircut!   I added a white Memory Box snowflake corner under the larges teal snowflake...again just to tie it all together.
Recipe
Card Base and envelops - cut from card stock in my stash.
Designer Paper - cut from a finished card front from previous years...stored in my  Xma stash snippets. Originally Stampin Up, I think
Cardstock- White, teal , from my stash
Bling - from my stash (originally from Dollarama)
Ribbon - White snowflake ribbon from my stash
Punches - Threading Water for the teal border, Stampin' Up curly label punch for the Santa stamp, Martha Stewart for the teal snowflake (smaller one  has had a hair cut)
Dies - Memory Box , Snowflake Corner Die
Stamp - I think it is an older Stampin Up

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - use snippets - All of this card is made from snippets, one type or another!
2. Addicted to stamps #44 - must use stamped image-  Xmas time
3. Dream Valley Challenges - Non Traditional Christmas - Blue is my non traditional colour
4. Eclectic Ellapu - Santa paws or Snowflakes
5. Sentimental Sunday - non traditional Christmas - Blue is my non traditional colour My sentiment is the Christmas Cheer on the Santa stamp
6. 2 Sisters Challenge - Sparkle - the snowflakes is heavily sparkled
7. Challenge up your life - First Snow
8. Hiding in my Craftroom - Blue and White
9. Little Claire's Challenge - Christmas
10. My Sheri Crafts - Christmas
11.MFP  Speedy Fox and Friends - No red or green
12. Crafts4 Eternity - Christmas Chaos, Any Xmas Themed Project
13. Jingle Belles - Anything Holiday goes
14. Winter Wonderland - Santa Claus is coming to town
15. Wags and Wiskers - Christmas
16. Fussy and Fancy - I love Christmas
17. Pause, Dream, Enjoy -  Forgotten Stash
18. Allsorts - Advent
19. Penny Black and More at Allsorts - It's your choice
20. Cards Galore - Christmas
21. Go Fish - All about the holidays


22. Simon says Stamp - Anything goes

37 comments:

brenda said...

My thoughts exactly and making Christmas cards Mo, we start in May for TV samples and by the time it comes to my own on well and truly fed up with the Christmas.

I really like the blue brown colour palette and all the snowflakes make beautifully seasonal.

B x

brenda said...

Hello again Mo,

I got so carried away last visit but I totally forgot to thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at Allsorts and Penny Black and More challenges.

B x

Vicky said...

Fab idea to use up your stash, I need to do that to finish of my xmas cards, great job, love the snow flakes, Thanks for joining us on Eclectic Ellapu this week, Hugs Vicky

Irene said...

A beautiful Christmas card, I love the colour combination and your little vintage Santa.
luv
irene
xxxx

Di said...

Hi Mo, this is absolutely beautiful!! I wanna rummage through your snippets bin please :))

Like Sam, I was exhausted by your proposed trip to the UK and needed a lie-down at where you propose to visit - so many places, although we're a small island. A break at the end somewhere hot like Spain sounds a good plan - then you can relax in (hopefully) guaranteed good weather.

Hugs, Di xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the santa stamp image the papers and the snowflakes.
Kevin xx

Barbara said...

I have friends who do a lot of colouring with copics. They love doing it ... but for me, I would get bored pretty quick.

I love that you repurpose cards. This looks amazing.

Glenda said...

Pretty card! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

Linda said...

I love the colour combination you have used on your card. Thank you for joining us this week at Winter Wonderland love Linda

Kendra said...

Great recycling! Love the die cuts! Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley!

Pia S said...

You certainly don't need a colored image to make a beautiful card - this one is lovely with all the lovely die cut elements and soft colored papers. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I am always amazed at your creativity. The ideas are great and the colours are beautiful.

Thank you for sharing...

t

Sol said...

Beautiful papers and Colors.. Amazing Die-cuts and Snow-Flakes.. Beautiful put together.. :o)
Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

Raquel said...

Gorgeous! Love the colors and all the elements

Thanks for sharing at My Sheri Crafts

Sassy Raggedy said...

Ohhhh I love coloring Christmas...Your card is wonderful. I love those snowflakes...joann sassy raggedy

Pat said...

LOve all the die cuts. Thanks for joining speedy Fox and Friends.

Wishcraft said...

Great colours and love all those snowflakes, fab card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Tracy's Treasures said...

Beautiful card. My SIL recycles her Christmas cards that she had received the previous year.
I agree I admire those ladies that. Colour every Christmas card. I figure they must do a bit all year long

Tracy said...

I posted a nice long message from my phone and it didn't work..so here is my condensed version ;)
Your card is so pretty. I love those delicate scroll die cuts, so so pretty.
My SIL deconstructs cards she gets and makes new cards the next year out of them :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Mo, love the blues, the diecuts and the Christmas feel about it...have joined as a new member of your blog...luv annie



http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

Sarn said...

Goodness me . . . that card is amazing. So detailed. xxx

Jo Channon said...

Great idea to use up your stash - must make a note to myself to try this!! Lovely project feels very Christmassy. Thankyou for joining us at the Allsorts Challenge for Advent this week. Jo x

Erika said...

Thanks for the singing visit Mo....I sang along...well it would be rude not to! LOL
Great card loving all your die cuts, very seasonal.
Have a super weekend, hugs Erika.

suzanne2 said...

this is so pretty, i love blue christmas cards!
thank you for joining us at fussy and fancy challenge blog.

Sue Althouse said...

Lovely card, great colors and layering! I have yet to make a single Christmas card, probably because I made so many last year.

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty and so many wonderful details. Thanks, for joining us over at Speedy Fox and Friends.

Glenda Atkins said...

Totally gorgeous Mo, love the delicate embellishments and the blue,teal, white and cream(?) colours together.Just beautiful!
hugs
Glenda

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Beautiful colour way on your delicate card and brilliant idea to recycle! Susan x

Shelby said...

Gorgeous Christmas card and love how you've used those gorgeous dies.

Shelby

Anonymous said...

such pretty colours and i love all the snowflakes with the recycled stars! thanks so much for playing along with us at penny black and more challenge this month.
linda

Barbara said...

Great card, Mo.....loving all the die-cuts. I too like to recycle cards (and mistakes) wherever possible but I wish someone would help me know when to 'draw the line' at what I hoard....my craft room is overflowing with 'stuff' I might just NEED one day!
Thanks for joining us at Cards-Galore
Barbara DT

Jan Hennings said...

WOW! This is amazing :)

Jennifer Grace said...

This is such a lovely, delicate card! I gave up on colouring cards after a few attempts, I prefer to just stick and stitch bits together! x

Georgina said...

A lovely card. Pretty colours and so much detail.

Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Such a lovely card. So sparkly!!! Thanks for playing along with us @ Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
Blessings,
Belinda

susiestacey said...

A lovely card well presented.
Thank you for joining the 'it's your choice' challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x