Sunday 30 June 2013

Quick and Easy

It was my turn to design a quick and easy card for my neighbour and I to make at our weekly crop night.

Last time I was in the USA, I saw these packages of rhinestone accents on clearance for 50 cents each. I grabbed a few and thought they would be perfect for our weekly card at craft night.

Now this is a shared stash card. I couldn't decide on the snippet of DP that sits behind the words...so I brought over a dozen or more various DP's. We hummed and hawed and finally Lisa remembered this piece of teal damask! I had brought the same paper in pink, grey, or yellow damask but didn't have any teal left...so this is a shared snippets card. The cardstock is from my snippets and the DP from hers! Gosh, maybe I will have to share anything I win!!! I am going to make a few more...next time I think I will use the different shade of damask with a bit of coloured cardstock behind them...but that takes more time, so it is not suitable for our shared cards.

Keeping in mind our quick and easy cards have to be no longer than 15 minutes from start to finish, this is a fairly straightforward card... what you see is what you get! The background is the white base card but my photo has made it look pink! Funny how you never notice little boo boo's till the card is enlarged...it looks like I have managed to tear a wee edge of the damask trim...ugggh!

Recipe
Car and Envelope Michaels Recollections 5 1/2 " square textured
DP - Echo Park Style Essentials
cardstock - snippets from my stash
Die - blog candy from Shaz in Oz...I'm up at the lake so can't look up the manufacturer...sorry
Bling - Michael's 50 cent clearance

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Sister Act - Always Anything Goes
3. MFP Speedy TV - Inspirational; I chose the Doors concert poster...I think I went to this concert at the PNE in Vancouver (when I was a teenager)!!!  I used the blocks of Blue, red, yellow, green as inspiration for the coloured letters of DREAM
4. Crafts and Me Challenge - Anything goes
5. Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes

17 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Mo, I like the bling butterfly & Dream and the swirls .
Kevin xx

MagsB said...

Oh I just love that bling! What a fantastic bargain!

love Mags B x

Sue said...

Oh love a bit of bargain bling! love the card Mo huggles hun Sue xxx

Barbara said...

Love the bling!

Barbara said...

I love the bling!

Barb King said...

Fun card with lots of bling!

brenda said...

Those gemstones sound like a real bargain Maureen and they look really effective if how you've used them on your pretty card.

B x

Anne-Elise said...

Great card! Love the beautiful die cut and the bling! Have a nice day! Hugs

Peanut said...

oh me oh my! so mny bling-blongs. This is card is screaming out to the magpie in me...and I LOVE it!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Lois said...

All that bling is very festive. Thanks for playing along in the Inspiration Challenge on Speedy TV.

Di said...

Crumbs, what a bargain you got - and your 'blinged up' card is really stunning Mo. I love it!

Hugs, Di xx

Lisa T said...

Very pretty & sparkly! Thanks for joining us at SACC!

Glenda Atkins said...

15 minutes to make a card, wow, you certainly challenge yourselves and this card is proof you have the talent to make a pretty beautiful card in a very short time. Lots of fun doing it too I bet. Fab deal on the rhinestones!
hugs
Glenda

Karen Petitt said...

15 minutes - no way! It takes me ages to decide on papers and a colour scheme, probably 20 mins, this is gorgeous Maureen, I wish we had Michaels, fantastic value for your blingage and you've made a beautiful card! Karen x

kReN said...

So love that bling butterfly! It's just the perfect touch!

TFS!

kren@
http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Mary H. said...

Love tht it only takes 15 minutes. Surely didn't look like a 15 min card. Liked all the bling, and your colors are so pretty with the bling too. Great job, and must have been fun with 2 of you sharing back n forth, ideas, supplies. TFS & Hugs. I'm with you on the 'not having your stuff' available.

Tracy said...

I love that you and your neighbour get together like this, so fun.
My Friday Night Scrapbooking with my friends have stopped over the summer as everyone goes to their camps.
Great card