Wednesday 30 October 2013

Spooky Greetings

Spooky greetings to you all!

It is so very close to Halloween and I still did not have my Halloween cards made for Little Miss C and Little Mr P!

Once we got back home from walking them to school this morning, I set off to my craft room and got this one finished up...this will be for Little Miss C as she loves animals. She will be dressed up as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz when she opens this tomorrow! It is dress up costume day at school tomorrow.

I am continuing along in my campaign to use up VOS (very old supplies) and managed to find a snippet of paper that is at least 10 years old. It was originally part of an 8 1/2 x 11 Provo craft Pathways, Heartland paper stack that someone gave me for a present. It has papers that would have been considered old school, even ten years ago. So it was shoved into the dark recesses of the paper cupboards, languishing all these years.

I tore a bit and scuffed up the edges, inked it with purple chalk ink and matted it with a snippet of black card stock. I distressed the edges of that as well. Once that was affixed to my square corrugated kraft card, I added a K and Co carved pumpkin.
I stumbled across a 25 cent per yard/metre ribbon sale at my local scrapbook store. I picked up a few metres of assorted ribbons...the Halloween word ribbon I placed under the pumpkin, was one of them.
Not bad, eh? I have been trying so hard to add ribbon to my cards and usually struggle to find a place that it will look good. If you are not in the habit of using it, it can be hard at first to think of where to incorporate it into the design!

I added another snippet of black card under the Pink Paisley Twilight rectangle and popped a circular MME Wicked Merchant Maldavo 3D sticker element over the top right of it.  I stuck 2 layers of black card behind the top half of the circle, and then trimmed it so it did not show. This way the sticker sticks perfectly level as half sits on the sentiment rectangle and half does not.

A little snippet of three MME Wicked Merchant Maldavo banners and I was done. Another one of my faster cards...perhaps I am on a roll.

Here is a closeup of that K and Co pumpkin...the inside of the mouth is heavily glittered...it makes the little mouse show up so well!
I kept the inside fairly simple.


Off to put up the front porch and front garden Halloween decorations and then I will settle back downstairs in my craft room till my second card is completed...see ya later!

This card is entered in the following challenges:

1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Ribbon Carousel Challenge - must use spooled item, Halloween or Fall
3. Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Halloween or colours orange, purple and black
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes
5. MFP Friends of Speedy TV - Halloween

13 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

Oh I just love the little mouse peeping out of the pumpkin! Gorgeous card, and I'm sure she will love it. Love and hugs Christine xx

brenda said...

And yet another with a really happy twist.

B x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wonderful card Maureen, love the little mouse in his mouth! I am sure Dorothy will love it so much she will fall out of her red sparkly shoes!! Susan x

Anonymous said...

Ooh spooky! LOVE the little mouse peeking out of the mouth of the pumpkin. The ribbon is cool too, you should use more often!

Hugs
Brenda

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous Halloween card, such a great image and your ribbon looks brilliant.
Pauline
x

Tracy said...

Such a fun card.
I love the pumpkin...or should I say Jackolantern

Di said...

Brilliant Mo - I love the little mouse :)

Hugs, Di xx

MaryH said...

Another wonderful card & I loved everything about it, as I can guess Miss C did as well. I think you & Darnell must be collaborating (NBUS & VOS). You know, I have some VOS - papers - and some of it is prettier than papers I saw this season (but I managed to bring home some of them also). Really great card & I enjoyed seeing both of these cards along with your fab decorations. You worked hard & it showed...cards & decorating. TFS & Hugs

Denise Goeldner said...

Wow another wonderful card love your cute image so sweet. Thanks so much for joining us over at Sparkles Monthly Challenges, good luck and hope to see you next time
~ Denise DT ~

Pia S said...

I'm sure Little Miss C loved her card! The pumkin image is fun, and what a great ribbon to use for a Halloween card!

Janine said...

Fun Halloween card - that carved pumpkin is a bit scary!

Ravengirl said...

Nice! Fun ribbon and great paper! Thanks for playing along with the Friends of Speedy TV!

Mandy said...

Wonderful Halloween card Mo, love the image the mouse looks so cute sat in the pumpkin.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx