Saturday 9 November 2013

Twelve Days Of Christmas Day 5 - 3D Tag

I really enjoyed making this tag for Day 5 of the  Marks Finest Papers Twelve Days of Christmas Challenge.

I had not made a 3D tag before, so this was another fun challenge! I am going up to my Mum's on Monday ( fairly unexpectedly)  will be bringing the Christmas gifts that I have already purchased, as it saves on posting them. I needed to make two tags for those gifts, so this challenge came at the right time.

Now, some of you may remember that my little sister is a Three Day Event rider. She has her whole house decorated in an Equestrian theme. I have even blogged her Equestrian Christmas decorations here. I thought it was quite appropriate to have the tag on her gift reflect her life's passion!

Each year I get her a couple of  horse and rider tree ornaments. Sometimes dressage riders, sometimes cross country riders, sometimes stadium jumpers. They always come in these pretty black boxes with the silver script and the silver bows. It is just up to me to plan a fancy tag each year and then do them up all the same for my Mum and my sister's gifts. It is always fun to plan the theme and run with it.


I stamped a Marks Finest Papers Wild Horses stamp across the bottom of the tag. I then stamped a Penny Black Christmas Sentiment above that. Since I was now out of room on my tag, I angled another tag of sheet music across the first one and glued it down.

I punched a Martha Stewart Snowflake out of some of the snippets of Best Creations Rd Glitter card and  placed that on the sheet music. I then punch 6 teensy circles fom some  VOS vellum. I have had this vellum for 10 or maybe even 15 years! Yep, definitely using up some VOS here!

Basically, I just folded each circle in half and then put a teensy micro glue dot on each side and glued them to the next folded circle..over and over till I had enough "fullness" to make a honeycomb type, dome shaped ball.  I glued the 2 outside halves down to the snowflake and it was done! It does look like a honeycomb expanding embellishment, IRL. I then tucked an extra red glitter snowflake under the sheet music and added a few rhinestones here and there on the green card..

I used a few pieces of the fine silver cord to thread through the tag and then took a second piece and slid it under the threaded cord and tied a loopy bow. I stamped the back of the tag with a "To and From" stamp set and it was good to go!

I am entering this tag in the following challenges:

1. Marks Finest Papers Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 5, 3D Tag

4 comments:

Redanne said...

That box is gorgeous, far too nice to wrap up, your tags look wonderful, very understated and they match the box beautifully. Hugs, Anne x

Karen Petitt said...

Another fabulous creation Mo - I am so enjoying coming to visit to see what you have made next - keep up the awesome work, I love the stamping on those tags and your 3D bauble is fabulous! xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am impressed. I am sure the gift is fantastic, but I am not sure if the gift wrap is even better!

That is the "best ever" wrapped gift :)

GGAT

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous tag and a wonderfully decorated box!
hugs
Glenda