Thursday 24 July 2014

Blessed - Cards #45 & 46 of 50

For most of my life I have not been what you would call lucky...in fact there have even been a few times where I felt quite unlucky indeed!
Since I started this blog it seems my luck has shifted...the gods are smiling down on me or my stars are aligned...or maybe just good old fashioned luck is finally coming my way.

I have been blessed with winning several lovely blog candy prizes, have had random thingy chose my card in challenges, have received some wonderful RAK's and have had lovely parcels arrive in the mail from bloggy friends...just because!!! I am a firm believer in karma so of course I try to reciprocate and to RAK  people as well.

I am going to make more of an effort to put my NBUS (never before used stash) to use. After all, I don't want the givers to think I am the type to have sold the presents off !!! teehee
Lately, I realized that I have been subconsciously avoiding using these "new" supplies and I think it is a bit of  self doubt creeping in.. I don't want the sender to be disappointed...sounds weird I know!!!  So expect to see posts still featuring VOS (very old stash) and NBUS (never before used stash) and when applicable I will mention which NBUS items were actually winnings!

First up is a card made from a stamp set I won at Marks Finest Papers. They have a lot of challenges...one for every day of the week. Prizes are always stamps and I have been lucky and won a few there. I made 2 cards with this stamp.


The first was left as just black ink on white card...ink direct to card I might add. It was scary but I liked the outcome. Then with indrawn breath I stamped the sentiment direct to card as well. Deep breath out...I managed to stamp it straight! Whew. I was so pleased that I didn't muck it up that I left this card as is...almost to remind myself that I can do it! lol


The second is similar but I coloured this one with Prisma Pencils and blended with Gamsol. I am showing both versions and if you  look carefully you will see that the sentiment is in a slightly different place in the second card. Too bad I didn't think to take a photo of them together.


So I am quite pleased with myself. I stretched myself to do this scary direct to card technique and I survived and so did the card...hahahahaha

********These are cards 45 and 46 of my 50 cards/projects that use my stash during my self imposed consumables spending freeze. (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight cardstock are exempt)

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. Marks Finest Papers Simple Salutations - two favourite colours (Card 45 - lately I have been loving the simplicity of black and white) Thius card uses a Marks Finest Papers Image.
3. Marks Finest Papers Inspirational - Card 46 I was inspired by the water views on the first and the third photo. This card uses a Marks Finest Papers Image.

27 comments:

Bonnie said...

LOL! The sentiments direct to the card are the scariest of all! If it's wrong, it can ruin an otherwise good card! I love this beach scene both ways. The simplicity of the black and white is so classy and the bit of coloring brings the scene to life! Great job!

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful cas designs. Congrats on all your achievements.
{I would love you to take part in my 900 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

jimlynn said...

You sound so much like me it's not even funny! Especially the part about holding your breath when stamping. LOL!
I love BOTH of these cards. The black and white is very elegant and just down right pretty! The second and coloring with the pencils are a heart stopper. Both are beautiful and what a great stamp to have.
Lynn

Linby said...

Well I'm glad you did get around to using it because it looks fantastic.
Well done on entering the Marks paper challenge too - went for a look but maybe its the heat its all too much for me to take in LOL!
Well done on taking over Rudolph day too.
Linbyx

Pia S said...

Spending freeze almost over!
I'm always amazed by what a change a little bit of color can do to a card. Your coloring is beautiful on your second card, but I do love the simple, clean look of your uncolored b&w version too! You cold also try stamping on a DP, I think it will look great too!

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm so pleased lady luck has been smiling on you! I love both versions of the card but especially the colour version. Thank you for your lovely message to me! Vicky x

wannabcre8tive said...

A very pretty card and so well colored. Great job on the Speedy TV Inspiration challenge. Thank you for playing.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Mo, lovely cards, I always love beach scenes. Well done for being brave and stamping directly on to the card.
Your colouring with the pencils is fab, beautiful soft shades, Kate x

Hettie said...

You are a lucky bunny and you deserve it Honey. I am loving these two cards. You have done a great job.
Hugs
xx

Jean said...

I love this scenic stamp and it looks great both black and white and coloured. Both fabulous cards.
Jean x

Sue said...

Love both these cards and well done you for stamping straight onto the card! colouring is fab and you deserve all the luck in the world and more my friend..lots of huggles Sue xxxxxx

Kathy Bradley said...

Two very pretty and elegant cards - awesome. Thanks for joining us at MFP's SpeedyTV Inspiration Challenge.

Vickie Y said...

Love your CAS black/white card! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Simple Salutations Challenge.

Mrs A. said...

Goodness how different both these cards look. I love them both. I always hold my breath when stamping direct to a card. Don't know how many times I have had to cover up a bodge job mind!
Hugs Mrs A.

MaryH said...

Indeed you should be pleased with each card! I liked the 'art feel' of #1 in the b&w. That's a very nice stamp image. Your pencil coloring on #2 is so good. I can even see the water ripples. So I'd say Well done! Glad to hear you are having some good luck, for whatever reason. I guess it's kind of a cycle. At work they used to say "Well, it's my turn in the barrel" when one of us would be the one who goofed up everything that day, or got chewed out for whatever. It's good though when you can say "ok, something good is going to happen today". Enjoy your time at the Lake. TFS & Hugs

Em Louise Fairley said...

These are both gorgeous! I love CAS cards and love both of these :)

Hugs,
Em x
Creative Em

Di said...

Two fabulous cards Mo - and such a lovely stamp. Amazing how it looks perfect either left as is or coloured.

I did grin about your feeling the need to use your 'winnings' etc. - I too try very hard to use goodies that I either win or am sent by lovely friends.

I can see the other side of the coin as am always tickled pink when I see someone using their snippets prize :)

I'll start saving my pocket money for that trip to Canada!! :)

Hugs, Di xx

Di said...

Hi Mo

Me again! I added your black and white version down at number 63 'cos I just found your comment. There IS a way to link more than one card from the same post - although I only discovered it recently. You can use exactly the same URL in the link box when linking - just so long as you change your name in the other box a bit, even adding an asterisk after your name in the name box would work.

Hope this makes sense?!

Hugs, Di xx

Cathy said...

These are both lovely cards Mo, it's a gorgeous scene. Your stamping is perfect. I have lots of sentiment stamps but have mucked up so many cards at the last minute that I tend to cheat and use sentiment stickers when I can! Think I need to practice a lot more as I love the look of direct stamping, Cathy x

Greta said...

Good for you! I love these cards!

Debs Willis said...

Hi Mo, it's amazing how you've taken one stamp & made 2 such different cards. The B&W version is my fave, so crisp & clean
Hugs
Debs

nwilliams6 said...

I love this image! Looks totally different on each card and they are both wonderful. I need to be under a craft supply no-spending rule! I have done much better this year than most but still need to use up stuff - love how you have done almost 50 cards doing it. Impressive! Thanks for joining us in the MFP Inspirational Challenge - wonderful card. Hugz!

Emily Thubbron said...

Your cards are fabulous. I love them both. The simple black and white one is very classy. Thank you for joining us at MFP Simple Salutations for our Favorite 2 Colors Challenge this week.

Emily T.
DT Member

cotnob said...

Two fabulous CAS cards Mo, I love the image.
Pauline
x

Janis said...

Absolutely lovely. They capture the solitude and beauty of the ocean so well!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Both cards are fabulous. You did a beautiful job coloring the second. And I'm very impressed that you got your sentiment on straight. And kudos on the bought of good luck.

Christine said...

So glad to see your post. Somehow with summer, I haven't seen many of my blogging friends posts. I'm trying to catch up...

I love both cards - I can't decide if I like the coloured or the black or white version better.