Sunday 18 January 2015

Christmas Card Club Challenges #2 - The Real Reason For The Season

Christine of Christine's Cards and Crafts chose the theme of The Real Reason For The Season, for our Christmas Card Club this fortnight.

These are always such wonderful cards to make.  I have certain friends and family members who look forward to receiving a religious card.  Luckily, I had some extras of this nativity ornament image from a card I made in 2014. I matted it with a black doily but if you look close  you will see that I mounted that on the card backwards! Ah...the joys of moving and being a bit overtired...teehee
I don't know the manufacturer of the red dotted paper as it was a VOS snippet.


A couple of Michaels poinsettias with a quick lick of Wink of Stella on the smaller ones, a preprinted sentiment from my stash, a few jewels, and it was done. I am trying hard this year to make flatter cards this year. Just trying hard to keep aware of the allowed widths for regular postage! Hopefully this one makes it throw the width tester.  I was not able to test it myself as I have already packed my postage width testing tool.

A quick reminder to everyone that Rudolph Day Challenges will run on this blog starting Jan 25, and will close on the last day of the month. Look forward to seeing your entries. Winner will be announced on Feb 1st.
.
I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Christmas Card Club - The Reason For the Season
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets (the image was stamped last year on snippets of cardstock...I stamped off several of this one)

32 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Maureen love the paper but that image and flower certainly take centre stage, superb make.
hugs
lorraine x

Hettie said...

Gosh Mo. This is absolutely beautiful and I am sure no-one will notice the booboo!
Hugs
xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Margaret
Fabulous Card...
Hugs Sylvie xx

Liz said...

A beautiful card. I love the image. xx

dutchess said...

that's lovely Maureen....the black looks so good against the red and makes the image really pop!...but I just wish we had Michels over here....I love it!...
hugs xxxxx

Carol said...

Love this Maureen, it's a gorgeous image and looks wonderful mounted on that black doily. Love your poinsettias. Hope to join you on Rudolph day. Carol x

April said...

What a lovely card! I love the image too.

Sue said...

Lovely card Maureen! the colours are gorgeous...huggles Sue xxxx

MaryH said...

It's just lovely with the black & red. I have this stamp & it's not always real easy to get a crisp image with it...but you did swell. The doily framed it so nicely, as did the pretty poinsettias. You're doing a super management job to even produce this card, with all you have going on just now! So well done, and TFS. Hugs.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Mrs A. said...

I actually like the rougher texture on the back of a doily. Love this card and that nativity bauble. Good luck with your move day. Hugs Mrs A.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Lovely card Maureen and would never have known it was backwards! Hope your packing is going well. Susan x

Pippa said...

Great card and I love the bauble image.

Sue - said...

Love the black and red - fabulous card!

brenda said...

Very striking colours Maureen and fabulous poinsettias, it's also so nice to see cards dedicated to the t rue meaning of Christmas, it's all too easy to love sight of that.

B x

Di said...

Gorgeous card Mo - and such a beautiful image. I can't spot which way the doily is, but I bet it's fine in real life anyhow. Am wondering how long it is until you move house - and also your new address.

I have RD in my diary :)

Hugs

Di xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

The black and red together are a striking combination and very eye-catching Maureen I love this card. I'm hoping to stop by for the Rudolph challenge soon too.
Lorraine

Cathy said...

Fabulous card Mo, love this traditional image, it looks lovely with the red and black, Cathy x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, your silhouette image is perfect for the challenge theme and the red and black dotty papers are just right.
Pauline
x

rachel said...

this is a fabulous card Maureen - great silhouette. Just beautiful. Big hugs rachel x

Pia S said...

Very elegant! The silhouette image looks great placed onto that black doily and I do like the sparkly poinsettias that you added.

Jean said...

A beautiful card, I love the stamped image and it looks fabulous on the black doily. Super dotty backing paper too.
Jean x

Sandra H said...

Oh wow what a beautiful card gorgeous silhouette image and design xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Wow, the black doily really makes this card look over the top beautiful!

Greta said...

Oh what a beauty! I love this card!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous! I love the black doily against the red spotty background. Lovely image and flowers too! xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, beautiful card, love your choice of colours and your design, fits the bill perfectly, hugs Kate x

Sarn said...

Nice looking card Mo. I'm ready for Rudolph Day! xxx

GOOD LUCK with your house move xxxx

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty and great theme :)

Elizabeth said...

Hi Mo, beautiful card - love the spotty paper and the poinsettias - they look great with the black doily ... if you hadn't mentioned it I would never have known it was backwards :) Like you, I'm trying to make flatter cards this year - got to save on the postage somehow. Elizabeth xx

Pat said...

A pretty card Mo and I love the red and white spot paper with the black doily and the beautiful nativity bauble in the centre shines out. I am pleased you have decided to make it a single card per entry as I did struggle a bit with two. x

Christine Harrop said...

Hi Maureen, I did leave a comment on your card at the time but I was having so many problems with Blogger and I didn't realise that it hadn't been accepted. I really love your bauble with the manger scene. Really beautiful! Thank you for joining in my challenge with this really apt card. Hugs Christine xx