Monday 5 January 2015

Rudolph Day Challenge

As many of you already know, Sarn at Stamping For Pleasure wanted to step back from sponsoring the Rudolph Day challenge. We all have had so much fun there creating Christmas cards every month We were really able to be prepared for the Christmas season.

I offered to take over the challenge as I did not want to see it end. I have made so many lovely friends there and wanted to keep those friendships blooming.

So Rudolph Days will continue on this blog, much the same as it was in the past on Sarn's...with one exception. I am going to return to the one card rule Sarn originally used. You will only have to make one card to enter and of course only one entry per person!

I have collected some lovely Xmas stamps, and even some Memory Box Xmas dies, for prizes this year. We will start off the January challenge with this Memory Box Die, MERRY.

Here is a brief recap of the rules:

1. Rudolph Days will start monthly on the 25th and will close on the last day of the month.
2. The theme is always Anything Goes, as long as it is Christmas.
3. One entry per person and you just need to make one Christmas card.
4. You may combine your entry with other challenges (maximum of 10 in total).
4. Prizes will be shipped anywhere in the world.
5. The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on the first day of the following month.

I am hoping Rudolph Days keeps the friendly atmosphere it has so enjoyed in the past. I do not want it to become that type of challenge where you drop off your card and flee. I envision it remaining the type of challenge where you meander through the other entries, leaving some comments for them when possible.

I can tell you that in most cases, the blogger you leave a comment for eventually returns a comment on your post too. Rudolph Days is just that kind of challenge!

You can submit your January entry between Jan25th and Jan31st. Winner will be announced Feb 1st .
Here is a photo of the January prize.


Off to figure out how to load the linky tool to my blog! See you all on the 25th...

19 comments:

Sue - said...

Although I didn't usually enter Sarn's Rudolph Day till later in the year I am so glad you have taken it on. Will have tontrybtobenter more often!

Sue - said...

Think predictive text might have put gibberish in my last comment!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for letting us know the change Mo and a great prize to start off the new challenge.

Kath x

jimlynn said...

Oh, I'm so glad to see this and WILL be playing along this year! I kept trying to do it last year and could just never seem to get two Christmas cards done at the same time! One of my (non)resolutions though is to make Christmas cards all year! Can't wait to play along.
LYnn

Mrs A. said...

Looking forward to playing along. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

Got it bookmarked Mo.

B x

Dragon said...

Only one card...you're spoiling us. Best get my thinking hat on in plenty of time (Ha ha, it'll be the usual last minute.com) So good to know Rudolph has another happy home.

Liz said...

I only discovered this challenge towards the end of last year. As I'm planning to start my Christmas cards in January - well that's the plan - I hope to play along with you all in 2015. xx

Mary said...

So happy you are keeping this challenge going. I've not been as regular as I'd hoped to be, but I will try to do better. Wishing you much success. Best to Sarn in the new year.

cotnob said...

I'm looking forward to playing along Mo, I love Christmas cards!
Thank you for keeping the challenge going.
Pauline
x

Hettie said...

Yeay! Three cheers to both you and Sandra for this one! I would like to carry on with more than one card though if I may as it keeps my momentum going!
Great prize.
Hugs
xx

Sassy Raggedy said...

Wonderful Mo...I also have made a decision to start my Christmas Cards early this year. So I will be playing along with all of you. Hugs, joann

MaryH said...

Hi Mo. Lovely post, and I like the way you've explained things. Will try to work on my card this week, and looking forward to some fun. Looks like you have a great prize offered. Good look with the linky tool. When you learn how, teach me!! Hope the move is going as scheduled, and you're on top of it all. Thanks so much for stepping up to take over Rudy Day. It surely helped me have CCards ready this year (well CCC did too!) Big Hugs, and hope you are set for some good wkend doin's. TFS & Hugs

Anonymous said...

hi mo, thanks so much for sponsoring the rudolph day challenge! it has always been a lot of fun and very motivating and i should be able to continue playing along. lovely prize.
linda

Sarn said...

Hi Mo . . . thank you so much for taking over the Rudolph Day challenge . . . and I just KNOW it will remain a happy and friendly place to play. I'm looking forward to joining in each month . Will E you in a moment about the Linky tool.

Big Hugs,
Sarn xxx

Craftychris said...

Looking forward to playing along! xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oh, I'm already looking forward to the first Rudolph Challenge of 2015. I'm so glad you'll continue the tradition of a friendly place sweetie.

Love and hugs
Maarit

MaryH said...

Mo, I've just scheduled Rudy's post to go live at 12:01AM EST. I've emailed both your addresses to get the link up, which I will have to edit the post and provide. Hope you read this or catch your emails! Good luck! Big Hugs.

New Creations said...

I came through Di's blog and love to play here!