Monday 4 January 2016

Snippet cards

Seems I never have enough generic cards on hand. You know the type...the ones that do not have a sentiment and that could suit any occasion.

I always need that type of card when I mail out the Rudolph Days Challenge prizes. I was doing a bit more organizing in my craft room and found just that type of card! Little Miss C and I took a class last year at the local papercrafts shop. We made 8 or 10 cards each. Most had sentiments but luckily, this design was left sentiment free.

Here is a photo of 2 cards we made from this snippets type design.


The class had us make all the cards from the same coordinating papers. So the banners on this card well suited using up the slim leftover snippets of DP. There was one piece  of DP that had wee circles of design. We punched those out to add to the banner border and  pop dotted some of them forward...just to give a bit of depth and for some impact.

The butterfly was die cut from a snippet of textured card and the addition of some teensy rhinestones finished it off. The white background mat was embossed with a sort of damask pattern.

I promptly allocated mine to the Rudolph Days drawer and quickly purchased the other from Little Miss C. She was delighted to have sold a card before we even left the store!  I am trying to build up my stash of generic cards...so I may just make up a few of these and use up more snippets by doing so.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop- must use snippets.

28 comments:

Barb said...

These are absolutely gorgeous. What pretty papers. Barbxx

brenda said...

Happy New Year to you are yours Mo.

These are both very pretty, can never beat a Butterfly or two.

B x

cotnob said...

These are fabulous Maureen, the banners are lovely and your butterfly is so delicate and beautiful.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year, I hope it's a good one.
Pauline
x

Whisper said...

Oooo what a super pair of snippet cards and i like non sentiment cards some times, and i so love those banner dies too, Luv Sam x

Sarn said...

Two delightful and colourful banner/butterfly cards! I chuckled at you buying Little Miss C's card before she even left the class!

Happy New Year to you Mo.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Craftychris said...

Fabulous cards! Such a cool way to use up snippets! The butterfly is gorgeous! xxx

AlisonC said...

You're right we always need these cards. Great way of using snippets, I'll go and look at my scraps to see what I can do. The papers are so cheerful.

Valerija said...

Wonderful snippets cards. I really like the butterfly , I love this die.
Wishing you and your family all the best for 2016.
Hugs, Valerija

Kath said...

Great cards and brilliant use of snippets.
Kath x

Christine Harrop said...

What super little cards Maureen. Great ones to keep in your stash ready for any occasion. I think I will have to"borrow" this idea. Happy New Year to you and your family. Hugs Christine xx

Carol said...

Happy New Year Maureen, hope it's a better one for you. These are very pretty snippet makes and a lovely design too. Carol x

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards Mo, love all the banners and the colour choices.
Happy New Year.
Kath x

Greta said...

Wonderful design & beautiful papers! May have to case these!

Liz said...

Great design and I love the colour combination. A great way of using snippets too. xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Mo, two great cards, great challenge to get banners having just right.but you and little miss c succeeded very well.
My email addy is embedded on my profile page but can't find yours anywhere. Thought I had it in my account but it was not to be found.
I am at
postbox-101 at hotmail dot com

Lord bless you and those you love in 2016, esp wiith better health.
Shaz in Oz.x

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
A very Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours.
2 brill cards and what a very lovely way to use up your snippets.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Eemeli said...

Gorgeous! At the same time very simple but still a lot of details. Love that die-cut butterfly (it sure is an eye-catcher on a cas card like this)!

Hugs,
Eemeli

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

These two cards are wonderful! Love the idea of the banners to use scraps and the embossed background makes them pop out very well! Beautiful sweet colours, too!

KandA said...

These are wonderful cards Maureen and such a great design to use up those snippets xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love these banner cards - great way to use papers, and they're such pretty papers!
Alison x

Sue - said...

Great way of using snippets!

Mrs A. said...

Well little Miss C certainly has her head screwed on the right way making a sale before leaving the premises. Having butterflies on them they go straight to the top of my list and if I'd been at the class I'd have nabbed little Miss C's cards as she was making them!! hugs Mrs A.

Hettie said...

Great cards there Mo and well done to Miss C for selling her card to you!! Those are a great design to use snippets for.
I have sent you an email....Mr Postie dropped something off to me today.
xxxx

Pia S said...

I agree, generic cards are handy and the times I need them is in general when I don't have enough to make one for a specific occasion. I love the fact that these cards were made with scraps as well, we do have many don't we...

April said...

Love these! What a great way to use up scrap paper! I really needed this inspiration!

Di said...

Brilliant cards Mo - and a perfect way to use up snippets too. You came back to the Playground with a real fanfare here!

Really lovely!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Congratulations to you and Miss C on being a Playground Pick, Maureen! You're right, we all need these generic cards and I love the design layout!! Hugs, Darnell

Susan Renshaw said...

These are lovely!