Saturday 4 June 2016

Making Card Kits From Stash

Thank goodness for my escape to the Langley Stampers Club. I was the host again this month and had great fun designing and kitting up two cards for the members this month.  I will show you one of those cards today and save the other for another post.

My card is a made up with a  pre coloured  image from HobbyCraft.  Some of the club members do not like to colour images, so we all try to design cards that rely on diecuts or pre done images for the main elements. My image is matted with some DCW  turquoise self adhesive textured card. I even remembered to peel off the backing page and use the adhesive backing...usually I forget all about the backing and glue the mat down... teehee

The flowers were made with snippets. I used a Martha Stewart hydrangea punch and then curved each layer for some depth (with a ball edged tool). Added a teensy pearl to the center of each flower. The leaves were cut from snippets of green card, I think I used a Sizzix die.. The background DP was cut from a scrapbook 12x12 page from a pool themed paper pad. I think it was meant to look like pool tiles.


Whenever I make my own card kits for Langley Stampers Club, or for any card kit use, I try to make my kits from what I have on hand. I was making up 11 kits so took 3 pieces of that 12x2 paper and cut each of them into 6x6 squares. My acrylic envelopes are 6x6 so I tucked them in as is, and had each member cut them down to fit the 5 1/2 inch cards I provided. Making up kits is a good way to use up snippets and so with this kit, I have earned the right to play over at Pixies Crafty Workshop!

The yellow banner is a Memory Box  die and I happened to have a teensy acrylic alpha stamp set that just fit for the Happy portion of the sentiment. Birthday was stamped onto yet another snippet of yellow card, and  was accomplished by masking off the Happy portion of the stamp with a bit of tape. I then punched Birthday out with a Stampin" up Word punch.

I finished off this card with a wee dusting of stardust stickles here and there. Just enough to give a little sparkle!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets

Sorry about my crummy photos lately. I seem to have lost my touch to take photos "straight on". Lately, they all are tilted kind of weirdly! Rushing too much, methinks...

26 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Tee hee rushing around to get to the playground it is!!
Y'know Mo, Miss is away and that Parsnip has all sorts of hi-jinks going on.. lots of whispering and bangs coming from the playhouse, think they're trying some science experiments, without Miss supervising them! So be careful!

Thanks so much for the inspiration, lovely card and yes great way to extend you stash with kits :D.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Valerija said...

Lovely card and I like your colour combo very much.
Valerija xx

Liz said...

Lovely card, with a real summery feel.

Sounds like a great club - wish I lived nearer! xx

brenda said...

Taking photos of cards is always a mystery to me Mo, I can never understand how a square card can look anything but sometimes.

It's a very pretty card though and so nice that you can craft with friends, makes it so much fun.

Have a lovely Sunday.

B x

Kath said...

A great card and perfect way of using snippets too.
Kath x

Donna said...

Very pretty card and I bet that all the stampers liked this one. I've always wanted to make up stamping kits to do when I was away from home. Just take the bare minimum of what was needed to complete cards but I've never had the patience to fiddle with it that much. You've done a lovely job!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a lovely Birthday card that reminds of summer parties in the garden.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Gail said...

A super idea! love your card!

Pia S said...

This pool tiles patterned paper makes me think of sugar and sweets, and especially teamed up with this image, it looks lovely and such beautiful detailing for a classy and simple look.
So sorry my visits have been a bit irregular lately, MIL was here 5 nights from mid May, the following weekend my parents spent with us in Oslo and have just now completed a trip to celebrate hubby's sisters' (twins) 50th birthday. 1000 km driving in two days. Weekdays spent at work and outdoors. Soon going on holiday, but things will get back to normal again in July:) I'll be around as much as I can for the rest of this month.

cuilliesocks said...

Just lovely Maureen, great design and embellishments, Kate x

cotnob said...

Such a pretty card Mo, a lovely summer design.
Pauline
x

LesleyG said...

lovely summery mouthwatering card, great use of snippets, and your kits sound amazing , I wish I could come xxx

Kathleen said...

That is a really lovely pre-coloured image and love the way you have done the sentiment.
I am a dreadful photographer too, trouble is they always look perfect when you see them on the camera screen.

Kath x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

How pretty! I like your double frame on the center panel, and what pretty flowers! Great card :)

MaryH said...

Lovely blues, especially the tiny floral background. Looks so pretty with the bolder blue of die frames...and the MS hydrangea flower is wonderful. I have that punch, but I'm not a great flower maker! Hope things are going ok for you, and Big Congratulations to Maarit for her Rudy Day win! TFS & Hugs

Carol L said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barb said...

Your card is really pretty Mo and I love the little yellow flowers. I'm sure the ladies enjoyed making them very much. My friend and I are doing kits for our club on Wednesday evening and I spent a couple of hours yesterday stamping flowers and punching out leaves. Like you I use what I already have. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a brilliant card, and that image is great.
Love your snippet flowers.
Love and bug hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Cara said...

This is such a sweet card, I'm sure they all loved making it. Glad it's not just me in the dodgy photography club! Cara x

Whisper said...

Aaaah what a gorgeous layout and such pretty colours too, great dies, Luv Sam x

Di said...

Fabulous Mo! And you made up a load of kits too - well done! I do love the design - great image and colours too!

I know why cards can look sort of tilted or even narrower at the top or bottom. And you really hit the nail on the the head - it's all about taking the photos straight on. I often lay a card flat on my desk to take a photo and it's just a matter of making sure the camera is held absolutely level over the card to take the photo. She says, usually having to take umpteen photos to get a decent enough one!

Lovely to see you in the Playground.

Hugs

Di
xx

Mrs A. said...

Can never take a photo that
I'm happy with either. Your card kit looks very summery. Hugs Mrs A.

Pat said...

This is such a pretty card Mo and the sentiment banner and tag go beautifully with the tea and cake themed topper, and love that the flowers were cut from a matching shade of card. x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A pretty card Mo, love the banner and pretty punched flowers. I wish we had a group like this near to me, I'd love to join in.
Lorraine

Linby said...

What a great snippets card, I just love the colour combo - so pretty.

Greta said...

So pretty, Maureen! I really love those pretty flowers--hard to believe you used a punch!